This 1950's colonial ranch was transformed into a 1 1/2 story craftsman style bungalow. Working within the constraints of an existing neighborhood, the original foundation and the bones of the house were re-used. A segmented floor plan became gracious and open, with improved circulation and an added 1/2 story. The renovated home has a welcoming front porch with open passages connecting the front and back yards. The interior volumes connect and interlock in a friendly manner, keeping the architecture open and light.